Tuesday, July 28, 2009

More Camp Fun:)

Well, it has been another high-flying (or at least climbing) day of adventure at Betsy-Jeff Penn 4-H Camp!



The older groups got their shot at water sports today. Check out all the pictures from today, including slip & slide, by clicking here. The Earth, Sun and Trekker groups had a ton of fun tonight playing pool volleyball, getting soapy on the slip & slide and playing wet & silly relay games.



But I'm getting ahead of myself...today has been a bunch of fun. After a yummy breakfast, everyone started back to classes. Classes for today included a trip to the beaver pond, archery, canoeing, arts & crafts, pool, high ropes and climbing wall. I myself got to be a part of the belay team at the climbing wall & I have to say that I am so proud of our campers! The climbing wall can be a pretty daunting task, but our campers were very brave & encouraging.


Our campers got to experience one new class today as well. "Choice" class was a big hit & everyone picked the activity they wanted to for a class period. Even the agents & volunteers got in on the action & tie-dyed some very colorful shirts & pillowcases today. We were also busy shucking some very yummy looking corn for dinner on Thursday evening. We even got to have a nature class be talking with some campers about a couple little bud worms that were hiding under the shucks (don't worry parents, we got all of them out before sending the corn to the kitchen!)


Well, I have had a busy day too, and am going to join the campers & head to bed to get ready for another day of camp fun tomorrow! I plan on getting some time in a canoe tomorrow, so I'll see you on the lake!!!

No comments: